Date of update: 23/09/20
These guidelines outline the steps and precautions that will be taken by Romsey Mill to minimise the direct and indirect transmission of the Covid-19 virus through the Friday Football Group. The guidelines draw on Romsey Mill’s full Covid-19 risk assessment, Cambourne Town Council’s conditions for use of the 3G, the FA’s Covid-19 guidance and the National Youth Agency’s Covid-19 guidance, and should be read in consultation with these relevant documents.
- Everyone should self-assess for Covid-19 symptoms before every training session (see symptom list on page 2). Anyone who is symptomatic or living in a household with a possible or actual Covid-19 infection must not attend.
- Everyone should meet on the grass area outside the 3G before training and enter the 3G together, once the previous group has left, avoiding other groups.
- Everyone should sanitise their hands when entering the 3G (hand sanitiser is provided at the gate).
- A register should be kept of all participants in the session (using Upshot), checking to ensure that the details held include name, phone number of next of kin (or individual if over 16), email address of next of kin (or individual if over 16). Arrival/exit time should be noted for anyone not attending the full session.
- Goal posts should be wiped down before starting training.
- No more than 15 young people, plus leaders, should be part of the group.
- Social distancing must be adhered to before and after the session, and during any breaks.
- Ball handling should be kept to a minimum with most contact via a boot.
- The ball should be disinfected during breaks in training (or at least every 15 minutes).
- Goal celebrations should be avoided, as should spitting, shouting or raising voices.
- Equipment must not be shared; participants should bring their own water bottle and hand sanitiser, although extra sanitiser will also be available in the football equipment box.
- Parents/carers/spectators are not allowed into the 3G, unless required for First Aid.
- In the case of a participant displaying symptoms of Covid-19 during a session, the procedures laid out in the Romsey Mill COVID Risk Assessment should be followed.
- In the case of a participant requiring first aid treatment during a session, the procedures laid out in the Romsey Mill COVID Risk Assessment should be followed.
- Equipment and goal posts should be sanitised at the end of the session.
- Everyone should sanitise their hands when exiting the 3G, and should wash their hands at the earliest opportunity.
- Everyone should exit the 3G together, avoiding other groups.
- Anyone who tests positive for Covid-19 after a training session should inform the Lead Worker (Jonathan Buwert) on 07503171869.
- A copy of this guidance should be sent to the parent/guardian of any participant under 18 after their first session.
COVID-19 Symptom Self-Assessment
The following symptoms are potential indicators of Covid-19 infection, and any participant displaying any of them should not attend the session:
- A high temperature (above 37.8 degrees)
- A new continuous cough
- Shortness of breath
- A sore throat
- Loss of or change in normal sense of taste or smell
- Feeling generally unwell
- Been in close contact with/living with a suspected or confirmed case of COVID-19 in the previous two weeks